Ahoy Adventuresses! Let’s go on a Ten Minute Trip into your Life!
The image above shows The Wheel of Life, a really powerful exercise. It will provide you with a birdseye snapshot of where you are in the big areas, at this moment in time.
I often use this with my clients as it provides a clear starting point of where they are at and starts to provide them with insights of where they want to go, where there is balance (or lack of balance!), where they are happy and where their priorities lay.
We don’t need to get into that much detail in 10 minutes, so we’ll be using this tool to see where you’re at now girlfriend!
READY TO TAKE OFF?! TAKE SOME ACTION!
- Grab a blank piece of paper and draw a circle with a dot in the middle and 11 spokes coming out.
- Label each of the spokes as per the image above with the different sections:
- Love – Your romantic relationship. Your lovelife. How happy you are in your relationship, looking for a relationship or flying as a solo superwoman.
- Family – How your relationship is with your family? Your immediate members – siblings, parents, children.
- Social/Friendships – How are you feeling around your social activities and friendships?
- Health/Fitness – Where are you at with your health and fitness in your physical body?
- Self Image/Love – Self confidence, self esteem, self talk. How are you feeling towards yourself?
- Spiritual – Your connection to The Universe/God/Higher Power/Something Bigger
- Giving Back – Your contribution back to society – volunteering, donations, charity
- Finance – Money levels, financial understanding, savings, budget, investing
- Career/Business – your studies, job or role, your career path
- Fun/Hobbies/Interests – Do you have and spend time on things that are fun and add to your life?
- Personal Development/Growth – your growth as a whole person – emotionally, intellectually, physically spiritually
- ? – I left a question mark in case you wanted to add an area of your own that is important – ie creativity, surroundings (the physical environment you’re in).
3. Now, rate each section from 1-10.